Best of Kerala with CGH – 7N
$200 / per person
1N Cochin–2N Thekkady–2N Kumarakom- 2NMarari ( 07 Nights / 08 Days )
- In Cochin visit Mattancherry Palace & Jewish Synagogue
- Introduction to Spices at Spice Village Thekkady: This is an interactive cooking demo with our chef who will demonstrate the art of using spices. The resident naturalist will introduce all the spices which chef has been using for this cooking demo
- Eco activities at Spice Village Thekkady: Recycling of water, solid waste management, solar energy and organic farming.
- Other activity at Spice Village Thekkady: Yoga, running slide show on the flora and fauna, tennis, badminton and basket ball
- Yoga, Eco Talk, Butterfly Garden, Bird-watching and Kerala Martial-art session at Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom
- Sunset Cruise at Vembanad lake, Kumarakom
- Interactive-cooking, Yoga & Meditation sessions at Marari Beach Resort
- Other activities at Marari Beach Resort: Bicycle ride, Village walk and Butterfly Garden visit
- In Marari, relax on the white sand beaches of Mararikulam
- Sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start and End in Cochin
Day 01: Arrival in Cochin
Meet our representative upon arrival in Cochin and drive towards hotel to check-in. Cochin is amalgam of medieval Portugal, Holland and an English village grafted onto the tropical Malabar Coast. Enjoy city tour covering Mattanchery Palace- gifted to the king of Cochin, by Portuguese in 1555, about 500 year old Jewish Synagogue, Chinese fishing nets, local spices market followed by colorful performing art – Kathakali Dance. Later in the evening, return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02: Cochin – Thekkady (145 kms / approx. 3.5 hours)
After breakfast, drive to Thekkady (Periyar) and on arrival check-in at the hotel. Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Periyar. Set high in the ranges of the Western Ghats in Kerala, is the Periyar National Park and Tiger Reserve. Periyar wildlife sanctuary has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Herds of playful wild elephants have made Periyar Lake their favorite haunt for frolicking in the water. They can be witnessed bathing and swimming here. Enjoy a boat ride on the lake to view the wildlife at close quarters. Other inhabitants of Periyar include the leopard, wild dog, barking deer, mouse deer, Nilgiri langur, bonnet macaque, sambhar, porcupines, squirrels, gaur (Indian bison), wild boar and sloth bear. Later, take a spice plantation tour. The aroma and pleasant ambiance of the spice and tea plantations of Periyar are fascinating. Spices found in Thekkady include pepper, clove, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger, turmeric, vanilla and curry leaves. In evening, watch traditional Kalaripayattu show. (Optional) - You can also enjoy an elephant ride in Periyar. Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 03: Full day leisure at Thekkady
After breakfast, enjoy full day leisure at Thekkady. Overnight in Thekkady.
Day 04: Thekkady – Kumarakom (125 kms / approx. 3.5 hour)
After breakfast, check-out and proceed to Kumarakom - a charming emerald peninsula jutting into the picturesque Vembanad Lake dotted with innumerable traditional country rafts, boats and canoes. The fresh water of the lake flows into the mainland, making a labyrinth of lagoons, canals and waterways. Spend the rest of the day at beautiful resort of Kumarakom. You may enjoy traditional Ayurveda massages here -ayurveda is the ancient healing system of India and has been practiced continuously for over 5,000 years. The various treatments are individually prescribed and involve the use of medicated herbal oils, herbs, powders and poultices & natural ingredients. In evening, explore the Kerala Backwaters through sunset cruise at Vembanad Lake. Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Day 05: Full day at leisure at Kumarakom
After breakfast, enjoy full day at leisure at Kumarakom. Overnight stay in Kumarakom.
Day 06: Kumarakom – Mararikulam (30 kms / approx. 1 hour)
After breakfast, drive to Mararikulam. Mararikulam is one of the best beaches in Kerala offering idyllic beach stay experience. Marari is a very relaxing beach retreat stays. Beaches are good for swimming and very private. Arrive and check-in to your hotel. Rest of the day leisure at the hotel. Overnight stay in Mararikulam.
Day 07: Day at leisure in Mararikulam
After breakfast, enjoy full day at leisure – relax on white sand beaches of Mararikulam.
Day 08: Departure from Cochin (30 kms / approx. 1 hour)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Cochin airport for return flight back home.
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies